BUILD (Building Unique and Innovative Lab Designs) is a project-based volunteer opportunity that provides high school students with an innovative way to earn volunteer hours while exploring the different ways to get involved at the Fab Lab. Access to state-of-the-art equipment and tools at the Fab Lab allows volunteers to develop technical skills that will benefit them as they get more involved at the lab. From designing and constructing a robot mailbox to programming Arduino microcontroller, there's a BUILD project to suit all interests.
Mini BUILD: Weekdays after school from 3-6pm
BUILD: Once per week from 3-6pm for a one-month period (Must commit to full month)
Why join BUILD?
- Low-commitment volunteer opportunity
- Flexibility to fit various schedules
- Explore the different ways you can get involved at the Fab Lab
- Build technical and life skills like teamwork, project management and more
- Earn community service hours
- Become part of the Fab Lab family and meet likeminded friends
- Unlock additional volunteer opportunities
- Work closely with mentors and experts from various fields