please remember to abide by grade levels when enrolling. thank you!
Throughout this project-based learning program, students will learn robot design skills, LEGO robot-building techniques and Scratch programming language. Students will then design their own LEGO robots and embark on a new mission each session. Students will develop problem-solving and creative thinking skills that will help for life! Previous coding experience is NOT required but is a plus. Future opportunity to compete in FIRST LEGO Robotics league is possible should the student(s) choose!
Wednesdays, 9am-1pm (For homeschool families)
$55 per session, includes all supplies. Participation in a class is not dependent on previous class experience, sign up for one class or as many as you'd like since students will complete a new mission each week!
Please pay close attention to the grade range for each class. Do not enroll in a class if your child does not meet the specified grade.
Jan 15, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Jan 22, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Jan 29, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Feb 5, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Feb 12, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Feb 19, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Feb 26, 1:30-5:30pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Mar 5, 1:30-5:30pm Limited spots remain
Mar 12, 1:30-5:30pm
Mar 19, 1:30-5:30pm
Mar 26, 1:30-5:30pm Limited spots remain
Apr 9, 1:30-5:30pm
(No April 2 session due to prescheduled event)
Apr 16, 1:30-5:30pm
Apr 23, 1:30-5:30pm
Apr 30, 1:30-5:30pm
May 7, 1:30-5:30pm
May 14, 1:30-5:30pm Limited spots remain
May 21, 1:30-5:30pm
Homeschool student sessions
Jan 11, 9am-1pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Jan 18, 9am-1pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Jan 25, 9am-1pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Feb 1, 9am-1pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Feb 8, 9am-1pm
Feb 15, 9am-1pm
Homeschool student sessions
Feb 22, 9am-1pm Limited spots remain
Mar 1, 9am-1pm Limited spots remain
Mar 8, 9am-1pm Limited spots remain
Mar 22, 9am-1pm SOLD OUT! Waitlist available
Mar 29, 9am-1pm
Apr 5, 9am-1pm
Homeschool student sessions
Apr 12, 9am-1pm
Apr 19, 9am-1pm
Apr 26, 9am-1pm
May 3, 9am-1pm
May 10, 9am-1pm
May 17, 9am-1pm
New to the Fab Lab? For your first time registering, simply click the Get Started button after clicking the green button above and follow the prompts to add your child(ren) as "Members." Once your children are added, select "Enroll in a Program" from the "Youth Memberships" screen and choose "LEGO Robotics Program" from the Program drop-down. Then choose the session(s) you wish to enroll in. You will checkout on the secured site from there. Please follow the same process to be added to a waitlist. You will NOT be charged when waitlisted. If you have any questions, call 941-840-4394 or email@example.com.
Did you know? As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, we rely on donations to operate engaging programs like LEGO Robotics. Consider sponsoring another child to attend our programs when registering or make a general donation by clicking here. Your support makes a difference in the lives of tomorrow's innovators!
Meet Your Coach: April Pan
April has studied and worked in Electrical/Robotics Automation, Professional Information Tech, Mathematical/Actuarial and STEM Education fields. She is currently a Robotics Director and LEGO Robotics coach. She has coached multiple FLL (First Lego League) and FLL Jr. teams for the past three years. Her teams have won many awards, including but not limited to the following:
- 2021-2022 1st place award in LEGO Robotics Design in the state of Florida
- 2021-2022 FIRST Global Innovation Award Semifinalist title.
- 2020-2021 Florida State Champion's title in the FLL state competition in the state of Florida.
- 8th place in Robotics Performance in the 2021 International FLL Virtual Open Invitational Competition. One team was ranked No. 3rd in Robotics Performance in the USA.
- 4th place Rising Stars Award in the 2021 FIRST® LEGO® LEAGUE Virtual Open International Greece.
LEGO Robotics Program Policies & Expectations
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Check in will take place at 1:30pm, inside the main entrance located near the rear of the building. A volunteer or staff member will help you check in your child. If someone other than you will be picking up your child, please notify lab staff at check in.
You are also required to sign your child out when picking them up at 5:30pm. Again, this will be done inside the building and a volunteer will retrieve your child from the lab or classroom.
General Health and Safety
Snacks will not be provided to your child but please feel free to pack a snack for your child to enjoy. Your child may bring a water bottle that can be refilled at the lab.
The registration portal has the most current information regarding open spots and waitlists. You will NOT be charged when adding yourself to a class waitlist. Students on the waitlist will be notified in the order they were added to the waitlist if a spot becomes available. We will notify you as early as possible by phone or email if there is an opportunity to move off the waitlist and include instructions on how to make payment.
Cancelations & Refund Policy
Cancelations must be made at least 7 days in advance of your enrolled class session to qualify for a full refund. Cancelations made less than one week out from class will qualify for a 50% refund. Cancelations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 941-840-4394. Cancelations by voicemail will not be accepted. No-shows do not qualify for a refund. If your child has to be picked up early, there is no refund for class time missed.
For each student to have a positive, safe experience in LEGO Robotics classes, we have established the following expectations.
- Walking is our preferred mode of transportation while working in the lab! Please refrain from running.
- No food or drink (including candy and gum) is allowed in classroom or machine areas unless agreed upon with staff or volunteers. Snacks you bring will be set aside for snack time.
- The Golden Rule… Treat others as you would like to be treated! This means raising your hand to speak, respecting others’ personal space and keeping your hands to yourself, being considerate and helpful, using appropriate language, etc.
- Treat our machines and tools respectfully... like they are your own!
- There may be other programs running concurrently with LEGO Robotics. Please be sure to stay with your group at all times.
Three Strikes Policy
To reinforce these rules and encourage an appropriate and safe learning environment, we employ the “Three Strikes and You’re Out” policy in relation to the above expectations.
- Strike 1 (Reminder): A reminder of our expectations will be given to the student.
- Strike 2 (Warning): The student will be removed from class activities for a short period of time.
- Strike 3 (Action): We will contact you to immediately pick up your child from the lab. Depending on the severity of the behavior, future participation in lab activities may be impacted.