The Student Planning & Education Committee (SPEC) is a multifaceted leadership program for high school student volunteers. SPEC provides volunteers with the opportunity to build technical and life skills through the process of developing and teaching their own camp or class for younger students. Access to state-of-the-art equipment and resources at the Fab Lab, in addition to mentoring from professional educators, empowers student instructors to create unique, hands on STEAM programs for the community. The peer-learning model of a student-led class creates meaningful connections between students and instructors, fostering enhanced interest in and understanding of educational material among both groups.
Why join SPEC?
- Explore and share your interests and passions
- Boost your resume and college applications
- Build leadership, technical and life skills
- Foster a love of STEAM learning in a younger generation
- Earn community service hours
- Become part of the Fab Lab family and meet likeminded friends
- Work closely with mentors and experts from various fields